With Valentine’s Day just around the corner, you might be wondering how to treat your loved one to a steamy date of epic proportions. The key is to let the romance build until it leads to the inevitable at the end of the date. Woo her with a few sexy surprises all day long, and you’ll be sure to get her in the mood.
Considering that Valentine’s Day falls on a weeknight this year, a night out on the town might be a bit challenging. With dining out options limited after work, you might be wondering where to start. After all, some of us struggle with finding new ways to treat that special person. Don’t worry, we’ve done the legwork and assembled a list of steamy date ideas for a sexy Valentine’s Day.
1 – Transform your bedroom into a love nest
Transform your bedroom into a love nest, and you two lovebirds can spend the night “in.” This idea is affordable and allows you to pamper your princess without breaking the bank. These decoration ideas might sound cliché, well…Valentine’s Day is one of those kinds of days.
Lead her to the bedroom by sprinkling a trail of rose petals. She’ll begin to get the picture pretty quickly that you’ve done something pretty special. Continue the rose petal sprinkles all the way to the bed to add some romance.
Add some sexy soft lighting with candles or a string or two twinkle lights. Set the mood with some romantic music. She will be impressed with your thoughtfulness and the attention to detail.
2 – Play with your food
Food can be sensual. In fact, some foods can cause arousal. Plan a simple, light meal at home for your love, and feature some of her favorite in the mood foods. Some of those foods that stimulate your libido are:
Play a game where you take turns blindfolding and feeding each other. When you’re blindfolded, your other senses kick into high gear and cause stimulation. Oh, an keep the blindfold handy—you might be able to find a creative way to use it again later.
3 – Write love letters
This will be a Valentine’s Day surprise that will be appreciated because it’s very unexpected. Set out colorful pens and some fancy note paper. Spend a few minutes writing love letters to exchange with each other.
Read them out loud to each other. You’ll feel the romance blooming as you reinforce the many ways that you’re so attracted to each other in these affirmations of love.
4 – Host a steamy movie night
No, I’m not suggesting porno flicks here—unless, of course, you both get turned on by indulging in them. Somewhere between chick flicks and porno, you’ll find several sensual movies that have great stories and steamy love scenes.
A few are classic films, and some are newer titles. Here are three female-friendly picks:
- 9 ½ Weeks
- The English Patient
- Blue Valentine
- Fifty Shades of Gray
5 – Master the art of sensual massage
Treat her to the gift of relaxing as she receives a sensual massage. While your goal is to arouse her, take your time. Getting her there is half the fun and her responses to your touches will turn on both of you.
Not quite sure how to give one? Here are a few tips.
- Draw her a nice bubble bath scented with her favorite essential oil. This will relax her muscles and give you 10 minutes to set up your bedroom for the massage.
- Set the mood with scented-candles. Low lights will soothe her senses and allow her to internalize her sensory perception of your touch. Then, put on some soft, relaxing music to elevate the spa-like mood.
- Also, it’s important to prepare by placing an old blanket over your bed. Otherwise, she will be distracted about the mess the massage oils are making on her favorite comforter. Don’t worry; you can rip the old blanket off the bed quickly when it’s time to hop into the bed.
- When you’re all set up, help her out of the bathtub, pat her dry and lead her to the bed.
- To give the massage, use a scented—or edible—massage oil. Gently massage her face down first in long, slow, downward strokes from the top to the toes. Take your time, and it will make her want more.
- Ask her to turn onto her back and facing up. Repeat the same slow, sexy massage. Focus on giving attention to every part of her body (although it’s hard to stray away from those breasts).
- As you’re massaging, tease her with light kisses and nibbles and suggestive rubs. Don’t give her what she will want too soon, make her wait. By the time you’re done, she will be dripping for you (and I don’t mean from those oils).
6 – Be a man with a slow hand
Sex on Valentine’s Day is important to women. To your special lady, it’s about lovemaking as opposed to hot sex on this holiday. Even the lustiest temptress will want you to woo her for the occasion.
Follow those cues. Take things slow and focus on her pleasure. Let her tell you what she wants you to do. And, let her decide precisely what she wants to do to you. If you’ve warmed her up with one of our Valentine’s Day tips, you might be surprised. Perhaps you’ve stimulated her creative juices as you revved up her sex drive.
Who knows, perhaps you will both be motivated to break away from missionary and try out a new sexual position. Better yet, try out two. You don’t know what can happen if you take things slow enough to share a long night of passion.
Treat your love to one or two of these steamy but still sweet Valentine’s Day treats this year. She will genuinely appreciate the effort that you put forth to make this weeknight holiday a night she will not forget soon.